Gotta Smile!

Gotta Smile!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Recuperating In Solomons


October 8 - 13, 2012

Monday morning I overslept.  I woke up at 9:50 and immediately checked my phone for messages.  Kristi and Dick were expected to join us that day.  However, a time hadn’t been established – not until I checked messages….  Ok, they expect to arrive at 11:00!  Yikes, jump out of bed.  Can’t jump out of bed—my rib hurts too much.  Ease slowly out of bed, shower, dress, hair and make-up, straighten the boat and plan a quick lunch.  Ready!  Several messages later – they will be a little later than 11.  Now I can sit down, take some deep breaths and look relaxed.  When Kristi and Dick did arrive, we immediately started catching up on what we’ve been emailing the last seven months.  You know how that goes – you begin a conversation and before that topic is completed you jump to something else.  A couple of hours later you realize that not one topic has been completely discussed!  Dinner at Stoney’s, one of America’s 50 Best Seafood Dives.  Tuesday morning they were on the road continuing their trip from Minnesota to Florida.  Fun time, especially since I won the Farkel tournament! 

Tuesday, one of our neighbors, Cindy, found out that her boat had to be out of the water for a couple of days.  Her husband was in Clearwater, Florida for the week.  We invited her to stay with us until the boat was “splashed”.    She stayed with us for two nights.  Dinner for six here on Thursday night.  And, the eight Krogen owners that are still here came for cocktails on Saturday night.      
 
Wednesday, Brian got cool new glasses and I went for a follow up doctor’s appointment (only way to get additional pain pills).  Since my rib is beginning to feel better, I’m noticing other injuries from the fall.  My left ankle is very swollen and tender.  X-rays show that it is just sprained – nothing broken or torn!!!  Good news: the doctor says everything is healing and sixty pain pills are mine. 

 
Scotty arrived with his team to install the new railing.  In an attempt to make me feel better about being a complete putz, he has named it a stripper pole.  I told him that he needs to add the proper lighting that will minimize my wrinkles and sagging parts.  Maybe that means no lights – total darkness.  I know – too much information!  They did a great job designing and fabricating a railing that will assist us on both staircases.  Thanks, Guys, I don’t want to ever tumble out of the pilot house again.  

So, this is what a week of recovery looks like on Gotta Smile.  Nothing that interesting, but it’s a good life, full of interesting people.  Pinch me -- how did we get so lucky!                

  

Gotta smile – we’re lovin the ride!      

No comments:

Post a Comment