Gotta Smile!

Gotta Smile!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Evil Knievel on Training Wheels

January 7, 2012

The picture may look blurred because
I'm going so fast.
Brian got the bikes off the upper deck today and we went for a little ride.  I haven't been on my bike for two years.  The last time we went for a bike ride we were in Fairhope, Alabama.  We decided to ride from the marina into town.  We didn't realize how hilly the terrain was.  Everything went well in the beginning, but as the hills got more frequent and steeper, I began having trouble.  At one point, Brian was running along next to me pushing my bike and steadying it just like you do with a five year old the first time he rides without training wheels.  It was so very pathetic.  Luckily, today's ride went much better.  The terrain was flat and pedestrians jumped out of the way as I approached.  Somehow they sensed some trepidation in my riding skills. (Another day I'll tell the tale of my encounter with Stuart in 4th grade -- he didn't move out of my way.  It really was an accident!)  Brian said I can't go out again without my helmet.  He's probably right -- again.      

Gotta Smile -- we're lovin the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment