Gotta Smile!

Gotta Smile!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

OMG -- Did I Really Do That?

May 1, 2012
Good news -- my eye is no longer swollen closed
I can turn my head and the bruises are
beginning to fade!
In my last post, I mentioned that I fell from the pilot house down two flights of stairs into the bed/bath level and landed on my forehead.  More bruises keep appearing and the others are changing colors.  It is pretty ugly, but I am thanking God every day that I didn't break my neck or some other bones.  Since, we are now in a new marina and meeting lots of people it is a great conversation starter.  And, everyone knows someone that did a similar fall with horrific results:  comas, serious brain damage, in therapy for years learning to walk and feed themselves again.  The really stupid thing is -- it was all my fault.  I had my iPad, camera, phone and Coke in my hands.  I broke one of the major rules --  always hold on when going up and down the stairs.  Well, hopefully it is a lesson learned.  I don't want to tempt fate and do it again.  

We made it to Stuart, FL yesterday around noon.  We are at Sunset Bay Marina with lots of Krogens.  A Whaleback (same hull, but different style above the water line) is right across the dock from us.  Teresa and Steve greeted us as we arrived and are coming over for a glass of wine tonight.  We'll enjoy trading stories with them.  

We met the upholsterers this morning and saw the Ultra Leather that we ordered.  It is beautiful!  Can't wait to see it all completed.  

Gotta smile -- we're lovin the ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment