Gotta Smile!

Gotta Smile!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Family, Family And More Family!


 June 12 - 20, 2013

One more trip from Florida to St Louis completed!  This one was a little shorter because we left from Jacksonville instead of Stuart.  Still.... we were in the car for a day and a half.  I had to get to St Louis by Thursday to bank another unit of blood for my surgery.  This put us in St Louis for JAC's dance recital.  Her 3 HOUR dance recital!  You have to either love dance or your grandchildren to sit through one of these.  They announced before the recital that food and drinks were not allowed during the show. Well, of course, I had a Coke in my purse. When they started clapping after the first act, I popped the top and immediately dropped the can in my lap.  It was laying on its side and I couldn't see which was the top.  I took a chance and flipped it.  I chose incorrectly pouring about half of the can into my lap. The auditorium was already chilly and having wet pants made it even more uncomfortable.   Of course, Brian was very sympathetic........no!  JAC looked cute, but I don't think what she did could be called dancing. At least she didn't pick her nose!  Anyway, I lasted to the bitter end and smiled through most of it.  
 
JAC -- The Princess

On Friday we were back in the car driving to Afton, Minnesota to visit our son and his family. The local conservation district brings a herd of buffalo to their land every summer.  It is good for the buffalo and the meadow thrives due to their activity.  36 buffalo arrived on Saturday in a large trailer.  It is quite a show when they are released.  They fly down the ramp and run full speed in a single line to the furthest point in the field.  The bull is the last one off the truck and he is not running.  He checks out the crowd and slowly walks over to his 'girls'.  Looks like he is saving his energy for something later.  We had a very busy visit celebrating Father's Day, Addison and Niko's half birthday (they were born on Christmas Day) and selling Brian's race car.







Dukes of Hazard















Aunt Erin demonstrates riding a 2 wheeler.














Transferring the keys for Brian's beloved 930 Turbo
to Scotty.















 
                                    Addison and Niko celebrate 5 1/2 years.






























Who can get the closest to the fire and not get burned!
We were lucky -- no 911 calls.....














A visit to Como Park and Zoo.
















Swim lessons.














 
In the past 26 days we have put 4300 miles on the car.  It was great to see all of our family and have Christopher with us for that time.  Now, we'll be in St Louis at our daughter's house while both of my knees are replaced and I recuperate.  I have no idea what to expect, but I'll be posting when I quit the pain pills and have a lucid moment.  Judging by recent events, quitting pain pills may not lead to lucid moments!     
 
Gotta smile -- we're lovin the ride!       








No comments:

Post a Comment